What’s the difference between Goldendoodles and Labradoodles?
Both Goldendoodles and Labradoodles are hybrid breeds of a Golden Retriever + Poodle / Labrador Retriever + Poodle and from our experience, we’ve found that both breeds are more alike than not.
Both breeds are…
- Highly social and intelligent
- Great with families, especially with young children
- Very affectionate and loyal
- Highly energetic, needing regular exercise + attention
- Similar in size, depending on parents
- Non-shedding / low shedding coats
- Most commonly hypoallergenic
The only noticeable difference worth mentioning is that Goldendoodles tend to have wavier, longer coats as Labradoodles have more of a tighter curly coat.
What types of doodles do you offer?
- F1B Goldendoodles ( 75% Poodle + 25% Golden Retriever)
- F1B Labradoodles (75% Poodle + 25% Labrador)
How much are your doodles?
All of our Goldendoodles, and Labradoodles are $1500.
What is included in this price?
Every puppy goes home with…
- All shots + de-wormings given through 8-weeks old
- Vet checked + puppy record + a few helpful informational sheets
- 2-year genetic health guarantee
- A starter bag of puppy food, poop bags + potty pads
- Some chew toys + training treats
- And a special puppy pack including a soft, transitional blanket that smells like momma as well as a few other goodies to enjoy!
What is your puppy application/selection process?
Here are the steps to take if interested in adopting one of our puppies:
- Complete + submit a puppy application (Why do we do this? Simply because we like to get to know you just like you got to know us!)
- Once your application has been reviewed and approved, we’ll call ASAP to set up a time for you to meet/pick a sweet puppy *A $250 deposit is due before visiting.
- Come to our home to meet/pick out your special puppy! *$250 is due to reserve and hold your pick of the litter
- At eight weeks old, puppies are ready to go into their forever homes! This both a fun and special day for everyone. *Remaining $1000 is due this final visit. (Total price for puppy is $1500)
How do I reserve a puppy?
After your puppy application has been reviewed and accepted, a $250 deposit (via cash/check) is required to reserve a puppy. Your deposit goes towards your total payment and will be deducted from the amount due on your puppy pick-up day.
Are deposits refundable?
Unfortunately, they are not. The purpose of a deposit given early-on establishes my commitment to you that I’ll hold a special puppy for you and also confirms your promise to me in that you’re committing to adopt one of our puppies.
Can we come and visit our puppy?
Absolutely! We think it’s so important to come and meet your sweet puppy once (and it’s momma!) before final pick up day! With that being said, we are a busy young family so visiting days are pre-selected but we’ll try to arrange a time that works well for everyone!
When can we bring our puppy home?
When puppies are 8 weeks old, they go to their forever homes!
What all do I need for my doodle?
These are essential…
- A collar & lease (don’t forget an ID tag as well!)
- Crate + pad
- Food & water bowls
- Shampoo & comb
- Chew toys
And these are a bit more optional…
- Dog bed
- Food container and scoop
- Grooming tools
- Vitamins & supplements
Where are you located?
We are thankful to call Wilmington, North Carolina our home.
We live at a distance. Do you ship your puppies?
Unfortunately, we do not. In seeking to uphold the welfare of our puppies first and foremost, we have chosen to opt out of shipping our puppies. Although, we do passionately believe that the Coastal Carolina’s is a wonderful place to visit (especially during the spring through the fall) and you’re more than welcome to come to us, pick up your puppy, and make a fun vacation out of it! Traveling with your family as a carry-on is way less traumatic than being transported as cargo for any precious puppy.
How can we find out about upcoming litters?
The best and most convenient way to find out about our upcoming litters is to sign up for our email newsletter. This serves as both a detailed announcement (that you won’t find anywhere else) + waiting list so you’ll be able to have a first pick of the new litter as we work off a first-come-first-serve basis.