What’s the difference between Goldendoodles and Labradoodles?
Both Goldendoodles and Labradoodles are hybrid breeds of a Golden Retriever + Poodle / Labrador Retriever + Poodle and from our experience, we’ve found that both breeds are more alike than not.
Both breeds are…
- Highly social and intelligent
- Great with families, especially with young children
- Very affectionate and loyal
- Highly energetic, needing regular exercise + attention
- Similar in size, depending on parents
- Non-shedding / low shedding coats
- Most commonly hypoallergenic
The only noticeable difference worth mentioning is that Goldendoodles tend to have wavier, longer coats as Labradoodles have more of a tighter and a bit wiry curly coat.
What types of doodles do you offer?
- F1B Goldendoodles ( 75% Poodle + 25% Golden Retriever)
- F1B Labradoodles (75% Poodle + 25% Labrador)
How much are your doodles?
All of our Goldendoodles, and Labradoodles are $1800.
What is included in this price?
Every puppy goes home with…
- Puppy’s first set of shots + de-wormings
- Vet checked + puppy record + a few helpful informational sheets
- 2-year genetic health guarantee
- A starter bag of puppy food, poop bags + potty pads
- Some chew toys + training treats
- And a special puppy pack including a soft, transitional blanket that smells like momma as well as a few other goodies to enjoy!
What is your puppy application/selection process?
Here are the steps to take if interested in adopting one of our puppies:
1. Complete + submit a puppy application (Why do we do this? Simply because we like to get to know you just like you got to know us!)
2. Once your application has been reviewed and approved, we’ll call to chat once on the phone to find out what you’re looking for in a doodle/which litter you’re most interested in, and then add you to our “doodle wait list.”
3. Once a momma’s pregnancy is confirmed, we’ll send out an email (to our email wait list) to announce the exciting news + see who all is interested in the upcoming litter! And we go by email response + date of application for a certain number of puppy spots! *$400 deposit is due at this time to reserve your spot in line.
4. When puppies are 4-weeks-old, come to our home to meet us, our mommas, and to pick out your special puppy! *$400 is due this visit to reserve and hold your pick of the litter.
5. Around seven weeks old, puppies go to their forever homes! This is a fun and special day for everyone. Remaining *$1000 is due this day. (Total price for puppy is $1800)
How do I reserve a puppy?
After your puppy application has been reviewed and accepted, a $400 deposit (via cash/check) is required to reserve a puppy. Your deposit goes towards your total payment and will be deducted from the amount due on your puppy pick-up day.
Are deposits refundable?
Unfortunately, they are not. The purpose of a deposit given early-on establishes my commitment to you that I’ll hold a special puppy for you and also confirms your promise to me in that you’re committing to adopt one of our puppies.
Can we come and visit our puppy?
Absolutely! We think it’s so important to come and meet your sweet puppy once (and it’s momma!) before final pick up day! With that being said, we are a busy young family so visiting days are pre-selected but we’ll try to arrange a time that works well for everyone!
Can we visit your home or mama dogs before committing to a puppy?
For families who are in the “interest” stage we do not offer visits to our home or to just meet our mom dogs. We do love for committed families to meet mamas on the day that they come and pick out their puppy. However, because we are a family breeder, and the busyness of our own home, as well as the health of our dogs and any current litters that we have, we do not allow visits to our home for those families who are not committed to a specific litter.
When can we bring our puppy home?
When puppies are just around 7 weeks old, they go to their forever homes! We have found this to be the best time for the puppies as they are very ready to bond with their new families!
What all do I need for my doodle?
These are essential…
- A collar & lease (don’t forget an ID tag as well!)
- Crate + pad
- Food & water bowls
- Shampoo & comb
- Chew toys
And these are a bit more optional…
- Dog bed
- Food container and scoop
- Grooming tools
- Vitamins & supplements
Where are you located?
We are thankful to call Wilmington, North Carolina our home.
We live at a distance. Do you ship your puppies?
Unfortunately, we do not. In seeking to uphold the welfare of our puppies first and foremost, we have chosen to opt out of shipping our puppies. Although, we do passionately believe that the Coastal Carolina’s is a wonderful place to visit (especially during the spring through the fall) and you’re more than welcome to come to us, pick up your puppy, and make a fun vacation out of it! Traveling with your family as a carry-on is way less traumatic than being transported as cargo for any precious puppy.
How can we find out about upcoming litters?
The best and most convenient way to find out about our upcoming litters is to sign up for our email newsletter and fill out an application. This serves as both a detailed announcement (that you won’t find anywhere else) with the exciting news! Signing up for our newsletter, along with submitting an application, also serves as our a wait list and gives us an opportunity to see who all is interested in the upcoming litter! * Be sure to add our email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) to your contacts so our newsletter doesn’t get lost in your spam.
Where can I see more pictures of your past puppies?